Hey reader, scoot your chair a little closer and let's get meta for a moment:
- This blog beloved has been in existence now for close to 16 months.
- Pasted into a Word document, the blog is 147 single-spaced pages.
- 224 posts hath this blog, and about 54,000 original words.
- This averages out to about one 240-word post every other day.
- If I were billed $.50 for every word in a typical post, I could not pay out of my primary checking account unless payment were deferred until next Friday.
- Including quoted text, the total word count increases to 60,500, or about 270 words per post.
- Approximately 84 percent of my posts' titles contain humorous puns or witty associations.
- Of that 84 percent, about 73 percent are not apprehended and/or appreciated.
- I will gladly extend a wink and a nod to the first person to state the significance of this post's title in the comments.
- Speaking of which, my posts have garnered about 97 comments.
- A small proportion of commentators make 80 percent of these comments, which aligns well with the Pareto principle.
- There are fully-written entries I've never posted.
If I include something about myself in an entry, I almost always edit it out before posting.
- The most popular search terms for this blog have to do with rhetoric, Plato, Aristotle, Obama, or some combination thereof.
- My most loyal readers are people whom I've never met or haven't seen in years.
- On a typical post, coming up with a concluding thought is the hardest part.
So, um, yeah. That's it.