- My default assumption is stores are closed after dusk.
- Perfunctory pleasantries and hyper-attentive American waitstaff irritate the ever-loving crap out of me.
- There's a compulsion to pay with cash and coin to the exact cent.
- I cringe whenever a single small item--a book or travel alarm clock, say--is automatically bagged at the register.
- Forever closed windows choking off frische Luft fills a fount of fret.
- Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy.
Here's ten reasons why I wouldn't be blogging if I were German, and here's some reasons why I would.